A Selection of Specialist Dubbing Blends & Colours from across Scotland.
- Orkney Peach – One of the famous of all Scottish colours. Emerging from Orkney and made to a secret recipe of ingredients and colour blending. This is the original recipe and is a pain to make, which involves converting a material into a dubbing, then mixing the right ratio of colours. A very messy and time consuming dubbing to make. It has a specific cut length, to create a slightly longer fibres dubbing which can be raked well on flies. A labour of love this blend, but – one of the finest orange shades in fly-tying. An essential colour for modern Scottish wet
- Tutti Frutti – A pinkish/gold coloured dubbing, which is great for sedgehog patterns and dries.
- Merkister Sunburst – This takes inspiration from the Merky Maid Pattern, and is a vibrant mix of colours to create what can be described as a perfect ‘all round’ sunburst shade.
- Fruit Punch – Originating from Perthshire, this is a great shade for hotspots, on wet flies and works well on peaty waters.
- Orkney Aurora – This dubbing was developed in 2021, with the help from TEXTREME, to create the brightest ever base material, for a super intense Fire Orange dubbing which can be used to create bright bodies and hotspot for Sedgehogs. The base material is similar to that used in Orkney Peach and is extracted down to a wispy texture.